M-491 TOWER / DERRICK HOIST BLOCKS
- A wide variety of configurations:
- 4,8,12 or 15-metric-ton capacity.
- 3/8",7/16",1/2",9/16",5/8",7/8" and 1" wire line sizes.
- Painted or Galvanized finish.
- 8" and 10" blocks furnished with dual rated wireline sheaves.
- Forged steel swivels,tees,yokes and shackles are Quenched and Tempered.
- Sheave lubrication through center pin for easy maintenance.
- Design factor of 4 to 1.
- All blocks 14" and larger are furnished with Roll Forged sheaves with flame hardened grooves.
- Recessed sideplate design reduces the gap between the sheave rim and the side plate, allowing the sheave assembly to be captured in the block if loss of center pin occurs.
- Sealed tapered roller bearings extend the life of the center pin and bearings,and allows for faster line speeds than recommended with standard snatch blocks.
- Suitable for hoisting personnel,contingent upon all employees,including the winch operator,being trained to follow any applicable Federal,local and industry standards.
- Tugger/Derrick applications:API RP54.
- Tower applications:OSHA directive CPL 2-1.36.
- Holes through side plates are available for secondary block securement device.
- Manufactured by an API Q1 Certified facility.