- Forged bail provides the following:
- Greater durability providing the increased " Toughness" desired in potentially abusive field conditions.
- Larger opening than standard Hoist Ring bail.
- Top washer is color coded for easy identification (Red for UNC threads and Silver for Metric threads)
- The Working Load Limit and Recommended Torque value are permanently stamped into each washer.
- Individually Proof Tested to 2-1/2 times Working Load Limit.
- Available in both UNC Thread and Metric Thread style.
- BOLT SIZE IDENTIFICATION: The size of the bolt will be stated as in the drawing below. Illustration shows meaning of each dimension given.
*Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
** Ultimate Load is 4.5 times the Working Load Limit for 7000# Hoist Ring when tested in 90 degree orientation.
*** Individually proof loaded to 2-1/2 times the Working Load Limit based on the 4:1 design factor.
† Long Bolts are designed to be used with soft metal (i.e., aluminum) workpiece. While the long bolts may also be used with ferrous metal
(i.e.,steel & iron) workpiece, short bolts are designed for ferrous workpiecesonly.
‡ Bolt specification is an Alloy socket head cap screw to ASTM A 574. ‡‡ Bolt specification is a Grade 12.9 Alloy socket head cap screw to DIN 912.
NOTE: The tightening torque values shown are based upon threads being clean, dry and free of lubrication.
Mobile Load Testing Services and Inspections
We offer inspections and mobile proof test services for product verification, break testing, and load testing to ensure compliance for all hoist rings we sell. Our mobile proof test services are available throughout the United States. In addition to our mobile load testing services we have stationary test beds to service Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Wyoming, North Dakota, New Mexico and all surrounding areas.